Welcome To MixPixie!

We’re very excited that you’ve joined us at MixPixie and now that you’re here, we can begin! If you think that reading all of the below looks far too much like hard work, simply go back to the homepage and start playing with the design templates. If you get stuck, you can always come back and read the info below..

What Is MixPixie?

We’re the very first company to make CDs on an on-demand basis. To put simply, you select or design your album artwork, you choose which and how many songs you want and we’ll make a professional copy of the CD, just for you, or as the perfect gift for someone special. With over 500 album artwork templates and over 13 million songs to choose from, MixPixie is a great way to show how much you care. You can create a CD for your partner with just your special songs or perhaps an album for a friend’s birthday with their favourite songs. The Pixies at MixPixie have got loads of suggestions to get you started and are here to help every step of the way.

OK, I’ve heard enough, I’m ready to get started

Featured Artist CDs

If you select any of our Featured Artists designs like Lionel Richie or Jason Donovan, you cannot change the songs on these albums, simply edit the designs accordingly to your personalisation. This is because these designs are linked to these artists’ albums for inclusion in the Official UK Charts, so if you buy one of these CDs they will help the artist get higher up the charts!

What You Need To Do:

Creating your CD on MixPixie can be done in three easy steps and shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes. For a one-off personalised gift that will be with the recipient 48 hours later, we Pixies think that’s pretty cool!

Here’s What You do:

  • First of all choose an album artwork template based on the person that you’re creating the CD for. i.e. is it for their birthday, or a wedding present? The categories are listed on the left-hand side of the homepage . The Pixies have made over 500 artwork themes to choose from. Some have the option to upload photos and change text and others have the option to change the text only, so when browsing through the templates, bear in mind whether you’ve got good enough quality photos or if you want to keep it simple and amend the text with the recipient’s name and a personal message from you.
  • Once you’ve found a template that you like, there are step-by-step instructions on how to personalise that album cover, just as you want it.
  • You can use the navigation tabs at the top of the page to view each section of the CD packaging, in real time, as you create it.
  • You can review what the entire CD packaging will look like before you pick your songs.
  • When you’re happy with your artwork, you can start selecting the songs that you want on the CD. You can choose as many songs as you want. One song is the minimum number and 13 songs is the maximum number of songs that will fit on the CD. There are over 13 million songs for you to choose from and each song is priced at 99p or above. The prices of the songs are set by the prices that we can buy the song from the record companies. The registered artist, band and songwriters earn money from every song that you pick, so it’s all 100% above board - we Pixies always play by the rules!
  • You can find the specific songs you want by searching under the song name, the artist or band name. For each album theme, we have also selected a Top 40 list of songs which we Pixies think would be suitable for the CD packaging artwork that you’ve selected (just in case you need some inspiration to get you started!).
    Screenshot of top 40 recommended songs.
  • You can listen to 30 second clips of each song listed, to check you’ve got the right one and use the ‘add song’ button to move your chosen song onto your CD.
    Screenshot of selecting songs
  • The shopping basket in the top-right hand corner of the screen shows you the running-total of your personalised CD. As you add each song, the cost will increase according to the price of that track.
    Screenshot of shopping basket
  • You can change the order of the songs you’ve selected, by clicking the up and down arrows by the side of the songs you’ve chosen.
    Screenshot of ordering arrows
  • When you’re happy with your final choice of songs, you can review the whole CD again and see your track listing printed on the back of the CD packaging too.
    Screenshot of finished product
  • If you’re happy with what you see, proceed to the check-out. Before you can proceed with your order, you will be asked to log in (for returning customers) or to register your details. This is simply so that we can verify your order and send you a receipt of your purchase.
    Screenshot of registration form
  • You can choose to send the CD to yourself for you to give in person, or if you want us Pixies to send it to the recipient directly, we can do that too! To see our post and packaging charges, click here.
  • We work closely with Mr Postman at Royal Mail, so that your CD gets to the right place within 48 hours of ordering. The Royal Mail advise that 90% of first class post in the UK will arrive the following day, unfortunately the other 10% can take up to three days. You can add the option of choosing to send your CD by special delivery for guaranteed next-day delivery, in case you’re in a bit of a hurry. If possible, please allow three working days from despatch for CDs to arrive. After all, it is better for a present to arrive two days early than one day late! If your order hasn’t arrived after three days, PLEASE let us know. We would rather send a replacement CD than leave you disappointed.

First Class Postage timings

First class postage timings for items ordered from MixPixie
Order Placed (UK) Order Completed by The Pixies Estimated arrival
Before 2pm Monday-Friday Same day The Royal Mail advise that 90% of first class post in the UK will arrive the following day, unfortunately the other 10% can take up to three days.
After 2pm Monday-Thursday Following day
After 2pm Friday Following Monday
Saturday & Sunday Following Monday
Public Holidays Following working day

If possible, please allow three working days from despatch for CDs to arrive. After all, it is better for a present to arrive two days early than one day late! If your order hasn’t arrived after three days, PLEASE let us know. We would rather send a replacement CD than leave you disappointed.

International Postage Timings

International postage timings for items ordered from MixPixie
Destination Recommendation
Europe Allow 5 working days
All destinations outside Europe Allow 7 working days

The final part will be for you to fill out the form with your credit card details. Your payment is processed by SagePay. MixPixie do not keep any record of your personal bank information.

And that’s it! Easy, Peasy, Pixie Squeezy!

Come On, Let’s start making your personalised CD